Pipeline Project Manager
Responsible for leading, managing, and administering the pipeline project from award through contract close out. Develops and manages budgets and schedules, manages performance, reports progress, and initiates action to assure project objectives and schedules are met and work is performed within budget and according to specifications. Resolves problems and coordinates the final turnover of the project to the customer. Provides leadership for the development and maintenance of a high performance project team. Has overall responsibility for the Project execution, profit and loss , ensuring that the project is delivered within contract requirements while meeting Customer and Welded standards of quality and safety.
The position is located in Perrysburg, Ohio. Relocation allowance may be available for the right candidate.
Essential Job Duties:
- Defines and communicates roles, responsibilities and authorities to project team members/partners and the Customer to ensure project completion in a safe manner, within budget, on schedule, and in conformance with the appropriate standards, specifications and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ensures scope, design basis and objectives are defined, best practices/lessons learned reviewed, detailed work plans, schedules, budgets and procedures are established.
- Ensures the development, communication, implementation, update and continual use of the Project Execution Plan. Ensures implementation of project control systems that measure progress/performance, provide early warning of deviations from Plan, and identify corrective actions to be taken.
- Monitors and controls all contractual commitments to ensure that all work is being performed in accordance with the specifications, drawings and terms of the contract, that a trend program is in place, that change orders and claims are processed in a timely manner.
- Works closely with Construction Superintendent to ensure alignment of technical (i.e. construction) efforts with contractual requirements.
- Is knowledgeable of and a champion for the Project Quality Management Plan. Manages customer perception of quality on a regular periodic basis.
- Reviews and approves commitments on all major purchase orders, contracts, and sub-contracts, and approves critical changes to these documents in accordance with the delegated commitment authority.
- Directs the preparation and presents the Project Status Report to Welded management.
- Manages project cash flow to minimize the use of company resources on the project. Establishes and controls the budget for all project costs.
- Conducts periodic project and Customer meetings consistent with the project communications plan to promote and facilitate communication, review progress/performance, discuss issues and facilitate problem resolution.
- Documents all turnover activities and obtains Customer’s final acceptance of the work.
- Assists in the training of new project managers and other project personnel in key positions.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience in contracts/subcontracts formulation, risk analysis, negotiations, and implementation including:
- Change control and documentation management
- Cost trend program and its linkage to change control
- Knowledge and ability to interface effectively with various function groups, especially Project Controls, Supply Chain Management, Quality Management, and Safety.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Ability to conduct effective meetings.
- Ability to deploy full-time to project location
Bachelor degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, or a related field from an accredited college.
Ten years of experience in heavy civil construction, with at least four years in the pipeline industry. Experience with contracting firm is preferred; experience with Owner and/or Agency entities may be acceptable.
Knowledge and experience necessary to develop, implement, and maintain a Pipeline Project Execution Plan, including the following:
- Implementation of Best Practices/Lessons Learned
- Constructability Review
- Risk Analysis/Contingency Evaluation
- Subcontractor and Vendor Estimate/Proposal Review Process
- Scope definition
- Assignment of Roles and Responsibilities
- Review of Estimates and resource loaded schedules
- Application and analysis of Progress and performance curves and metrics
- Reports and action items tracking